2007-01-16

Tales of Snowphonia

As you may know, the Puget Sound area has had an influx of blizzards this season, with today being another flurry after a holiday weekend preceded by another snowstorm. My experiences this morning bring several cliches to mind:

"Screw you guys. I'm goin' home."
"Half a mile in the snow" [Uphill ONE way, mind you]
"Should I stay, or should I go?"
"I'll eat my hat!"

(Kudos to my friend and colleague, Madam Monocle Barbie.)

I also feared for people's lives. Hopelessly waiting with my hoodlum chums for a bus that would that could not statistically arrive, I witnessed many a car skidding and spinning out. I took this time to do (what else?) but tell them about BitTorrent, The Pirate Bay, and Sealand.

Well, as expected, I started my arduous trudge up the hill to return to where I am sitting. I thought to myself, "Well, at least I've gotten out of playing DDR today." Arriving at my mailbox, I cried out in joy,

"Yes! The new Vibe is in."

No comments: